We here at Ysgol yr Hendy are here to help you keep your children safe online. Please take time to read the information below and we strongly advise that you visit some of the websites and discuss the issues with your children. It's important that we all follow these rules every day in school and at home.
Our E-Safety Policy
Safer Internet Day 2017
- I will only use ICT in school for school purposes.
- I will only use my class e-mail address or my own school e-mail address when e-mailing.
- I will only open e-mail attachments from people I know, or who my teacher has approved.
- I will not tell other people my ICT passwords.
- I will only open/delete my own files.
- I will make sure that all ICT contact with other children and adults is responsible, polite and sensible.
- I will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty. If I accidentally find anything like this I will tell my teacher immediately.
- I will not give out my own details such as my name, phone number or home address.
- I will not arrange to meet someone unless this is part of a school project approved by my teacher and a responsible adult comes with me.
- I will be responsible for my own behaviour when using ICT because I know that these rules are to keep me safe.
- I know that my use of ICT can be checked and that my parent/ carer will be contacted if a member of school staff is concerned about my eSafety.
- I will support the school approach to online safety and not deliberately upload or add any images, video, sounds or text that could upset any member of the school community.
Useful Documents on E-Safety
Click to enlarge.
Useful Links on E-Safety
- Parents Guide to Facebook
- Parents Guide to Instagram
- Parents Guide to Snapchat
- Parents Guide to WhatsApp
- Social Networking - A Guide for Parents (English)
- Social Networking - A Guide for Parents (Welsh)
- Stay Safe
- UK Safer Internet Centre